Pages

Thursday 25 September 2014

THE BEST OF BRUSHES


We all have our favourites brushes we can't let go of, even when we really should. Although coming to the realisation as to which brushes are your favourite takes some time, I've been collecting brushes over the past few years.

FACE: The BareMinerals Full Flawless Face Brush is something I'll never part with, I already have a few back-ups at the ready. The packaging is so simple and sleek, it's easy to wash and dries super quickly. The bristles are so soft and buff my powdered products in perfectly, when I use them with a liquid foundation I tend to have a few hairs stuck to my face, slightly awkward...

The Real Techniques Blush Brush is a CULT make-up brush that can be used for several different things. Foundation, Blusher, Bronzer - you name it, this has probably already done it!
It blends everything in effortlessly, with no fall out from the product or the bristles on the brush. What I love the most is how long the handle is which makes it easier to grip when you're buffing products into the skin. 

The Real Techniques Contour Brush is part of the Core Collection and I use this more for concealer just because of the domed end which is good for getting into the corner of your eyes. It's so soft and blends concealer in so seamlessly. 

EYES: If you've read my recent Duty Free you'll see I finally got my hands on the MAC 217 Blending Brush and all I can say is Wow, where have I been! This is perfect for Eyeshadow and I've been using this non-stop, I'll use any excuse just to use it.  This makes eyeshadow look flawless because it packs everything on, with no fall out and blends perfectly.

Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush is another budget favourite of mine, it's easy to use, no hassle or fuss and this comes in the Real Techniques Starter Set. There's no fall out from the brush and I love how each different set of brushes come in different colours so they're alot easier to identify. This brush packs everything on, blends beautifully and you can use this either with shadows or concealer due to the rounded end it has compared to other flatter, thicker eyeshadow brushes.

7 comments :

  1. I love the real techniques all over brush...

    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love RT face brushes and MAC 217 is also one of my faves x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real Techniques brushes are seriously amazing, they take up the bulk of my collection!

    CassandraMyee | NZ Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I love real techniques brushes :) xx
    http://penneychic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally share your love for the 217 (though I've probs had mine for wayyyy to long haha)!

    xo,
    Lela
    ( Enter to win my Youtube comp! - http://www.lelalondon.com/2014/09/youtube-giveaway-win-google-nexus-7/ )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to get my hands on more Real Techniques brushes. I have the eye brush set and the blush brush. They just do the job for a good price! I agree with you on the MAC 217 - it's a great brush! I even use it to use powder my under eye area and hard to get places. May I just say that I really like the look of your blog, you might have just gained a reader here!

    Laura London xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree with you on all of these, they're great! I've never tried using the contour brush for concealer, definitely giving that a go tomorrow. thanks! x
    verityslifestyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your comment, I love reading them. Lots of Love guys x